6.21.2011

PEAG: Scrabble Word for Today

I played scrabble every Tuesday night for a game or 2. It depends if I am working early morning or I got tired for the day. I enjoyed every game. I always win every time I played. I don't know why, but my playmates found me good in scrabble. Sorry about bragging but that it is the truth. Today, I did not win. Hahaha! But I learned something new. Some of my friends challenged that word but it's good that it was in the dictionary. I was just making a wild guess! As we learned the meaning, one of them said, it like an american Indian money.

PEAG

It is a noun meaning wampum. Wampum from dictionary.com –noun
1.
Also called peagseawansewan. cylindrical beads madefrom shells, pierced and strung, used by North AmericanIndians as a medium of exchange, for ornaments, and forceremonial and sometimes spiritual purposes, especially suchbeads when white but also including the more valuableblack or dark-purple varieties.
2.
Informal money.

We use this kind of scrabble rotating board and we are all loving it!
 Scrabble Diamond Anniversary Edition


Resources : Playing scrabble with seniors 

No comments:

Post a Comment