10.19.2008

K1 Biometrics


A biometric or biometrics identifier is an objective measurement of a physical characteristic of an individual which, when captured in a database, can be used to verify the identity or check against other entries in the database. The best known biometric is the fingerprint, but others include facial recognition and iris scans.

For those who entered the United States under K1 Visa, upon submitting or filing your Adjustment of Status to the USCIS the Biometric fee is included in the check. (Refer to AOS Checklist below.)

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
Check: Payment in the amount of $1010 (Biometrics fee included)
Copy of Form I-797 Notice of Action (Approval Notice)
Copy of Intending Immigrant’s Birth certificate
Copy of U.S. Citizen Spouse’s Birth Certificate
Copy of passport (Biographical Page) with non immigrant K1visa
Copy of form I-94 (front and back)
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Medical form I-693A(in sealed envelope)
Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet Two (2) passport size pictures
I-864 Affidavit of Support
Federal income tax return, including W-2 for 2007
Letter of employment
Copy of most recent pay stubs
Copy of passport page (US Citizen husband)
Copy of recent Bank StatementI-765 Application for Employment Document
Copy of passport (Biographical Page), with nonimmigrant K1 visa
Copy of form I-94 (front and back)▪ Copy of Marriage Certificate
Two (2) passport size

As soon as the USCIS received your application, you will receive a mail from them called the Notice of Action, I-797C. In my Case, I applied Permanent Resident Status and Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and I already received my NOA. Few days later, I also received a mail from USCIS Honolulu for my Biometric schedule. I then booked and reserved a plane ticket to Honolulu but after 1 week I received a phone call that my Biometrics will be re-scheduled because according to them my appointment date has no office and I need to wait for further instructions or notice. I tried called the office but I failed to contact them, so I wrote a mail to them to request that my biometrics schedule and my interview will be on the same date. Waiting for more than 4 weeks, I finally got a call that they received my mail but they can not grant my request because I need to have my biometrics first. They will mail me a noitice for my schedule.


So guys, will keep you updated for my biometric experiences soon. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment