10.17.2011

Photog



Author: Dorsey Velasquez

I’m on a new kick these days – photography. I know it’s all the rage lately. The beautiful, creative, natural-light photography that puts the Olan Mills portraits of the 80’s to shame. As it should be. In between paying bills, thesis writing, and attempting to shop for energy to save some money in this arctic weather, I’ve been hitting up several photography blogs for inspiration. I got my DSLR for Christmas, but it’s taken me a week or so to build up the courage to use it. Now, I can’t stop. I’ve learned several new terms: aperture, bokeh, ISO, shutter, look at me go! Don’t ask me what any of those mean - I just know the button on the camera I should press. I’m super-inspired by Anthropologie catalogs and the lighting and minimaliststaging they use. Who has a few vintage suitcases and an old globe lying around? I’m hoping to coax my family into letting me take their Christmas pictures next year – that gives me about ten months to become a pro. Say cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment