3.01.2011

Don't Visit Hawaii too Often...or Else!

Yes, I failed to take my own advise and after a half dozen trips, starting in Oahu, I wound up buying an inexpensive Condo thru a good real estate brooker, moving here and marrying a local Asian gal! Oy vey, would mother be mad. But I am happy. Happier than I have ever been.

I visited all the islands at least once. Honolulu is my favorite city. I have all the resources and facilities of the main land but I am in the middle of a pacific paradise. The beach is five blocks away, Waikiki is a short bus ride. AND THE WEATHER IS BEAUTIFUL ALL YEAR AROUND.

Using a real estate brooker is the only way to go because Island life is different in many ways. Some properties (including mine, smile) are what they call lease hold and this is good because it brings the price down. It is bad because you have only a 99 year period to have the property. so it has less value for my children. Well they are richer than I already! Also, not all finacing is available with lease holds. There are also Hawaiian lands for part Hawaii and only. My wife qualifies! When we swell this condo, we'll move on to a nice house away from the busy tourist areas. IMHO you need a professional to explain the details and to be sure you are getting what you expect.

See you on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment